A royal expert and historian has claimed Prince Harry is having a tough time following the Sentebale charity dispute with the chair person Dr Sophie Chandauka, which in turn has taken place amid his wife's brand launch for 'As Ever'.
It comes as Prince Harry has spoken out about the battle, describing the past week’s events as "heartbreaking to witness". He also said he was relieved that the Charity Commission has opened a case into the charity he founded, hitting out at what he claims are "blatant lies".
As reported in the Mirror, royal expert and historian, Dr Tessa Dunlop said: "Prince Harry is having a hell of a time: his truth is now intimately bound up with the Charity Commission's investigation into Sentebale, one he hopes with 'unveil the truth'."
The expert added: "In the meantime, the war of words continues between the Prince and Sentebale's chairperson Dr Sophie Chandauka, who is pursuing Harry as the 'number one risk to the charity' he established. The unseemly scrap, which has seen Harry's complaints of 'abuse and harassment' weaponised against him and the organisation he holds dear, imploded at the same time as Meghan's lifestyle brand, As Ever, apparently sold out of produce."
She continued: "Nonetheless, as we increasingly retreat into separate echo chambers, Harry is occupying a very different online stratosphere from his wife. While the duchess pedals a 'perfect' world, Harry is making a fist of failing hard – 'imperfect' is to understate his current predicament."
Media outlets also report that Harry also found out that his father King Charles had a short stay in hospital last week due to side effects of his cancer treatment in the public media, like everybody else.|
Dr Tessa Dunlop revealed:
Tessa added: "If Meghan's flower-sprinkle biscuits and beige ensembles are insufficient support for Montecito's lonely prince, he is unlikely to find reassurance among his erstwhile family back in Britain.
"By all accounts, the King's brief health relapse was not relayed to Harry – he found out about his father's hospital visit through the press. Even long-suffering Eugenie is said to be fed up with cousin Harry. A reset is what is needed. Meghan's As Ever brand urgently needs to branch out beyond raspberry jam and crepe mix to something a little stronger."
On Thursday, the Charity Commission announced it had opened a regulatory compliance case regarding the concerns raised. They said it was now in direct contact with those involved, "to gather evidence" and assess whether the charity and its trustees past and present had fulfilled their legal duties.
Over the past week Prince Harry has been accused of "bullying and harassment"by Sentebale's chairwoman after he quit as patron and demanded her resignation.
The Duke has now responded to the row for the first time, saying: "What has transpired over the last week has been heartbreaking to witness, especially when such blatant lies hurt those who have invested decades in this shared goal."
It comes after he and Prince Seeiso of Lesotho, who he co-founded Sentebale with in 2006, quit as patrons alongside a string of trustees.
The chair hit back at the mass exodus and issued a statement in which she alleged there had been "poor governance, weak executive management, abuse of power, bullying, harassment, misogyny, misogynoir".